How does nursing play a part in the present health care environment?.Read the required readings/ Articles for Discussion F, answer two of the below questions in an original substantive post
Read the required readings/ Articles for Discussion F, answer two of the below questions in an original substantive post (see the syllabus for guidance on what is an original substantive post).
An original substantive posting:
Is limited to 150-200 words long.
Relates to the weekly topics and readings.
Uses the scholarly readings (giving citations) for support of ideas and the discussion to critically assess some area of practice.
It is expected that postings will be written in correct grammar, be well organized and be documented using APA style. References should be cited using APA style.”
The purpose of the faculty stimulus questions are to promote critical inquiry, reflective thought, and to lay the foundation for a scholarly dialog between members of this class relative to nursing science. Please consider the following questions:
1. Lähdesmäki and Nyholm (2007) envision the healthcare needs for the future to encompass “patients [who] will be more acutely ill and infections more common and serious” (p. 332). Their predictions are in line with the current Center for Disease Control (CDC) statistics on the epidemiology of global healthcare needs. The authors also predict that although the actual healthcare may become more automated, patients will still need human care in 2050.
Discuss ways in which nurses and nursing can preserve the human caring caritative in contemporary nursing practice to assure they remains as active parts of nursing’s role for the future.
2. According to Lähdesmäki and Nyholm (2007), while change in the intensive care (ICU) environments may improve patient care, the changes may also create ethical problems. Identify several ethical issues that are common in the intensive care environments/working with patients in ICUs in contemporary practice and discuss how nurses manage those issues.
Can any of the problem-solving be generalized to the issues, projected by the authors, of isolation from loved ones or the lack of physical human contact?
3. Wikberg (2007) addressed several significant phenomena that are occurring in the social and environmental world that will impact on nursing practice in 2050. According to the author, global warming may create an influx [to certain geographical areas] of environmental refugees, increasing the cultural mix of the society. Wikberg continues by stating the need for nurses “to develop a common ethos for caring that is compatible with all cultures” (p. 334).
In addition to Eriksson’s theory, discuss other nursing theories that can be used as frameworks for nursing practice to develop both the common ethos for caring and supports cultural sensitivity. Do you agree with Wikberg’s prediction? Why or why not?
4. According to Wikberg (2007), “Human suffering on a deep level, such as suffering related to life, cannot be assessed by a machine, no matter how advanced. Nurses will still be the ones to observe human suffering and assess human needs. Nurse robots will never replace human interaction” (p. 334).
Discuss ways in which nurses can position themselves to remain [as the focus] of the human interaction, to never be replaced by a nurse robot.
5. Wikberg, (2007), identified the incidence of depression as a significant contemporary healthcare concern. Depression is on the rise and is expected to continue to increase. People suffering with depression will have an impact on global healthcare in 2050.
Discuss ways nursing can provide theoretical frameworks in our contemporary times to support future nursing practice. What will be nursing’s role (s)?
6. What elements combine to describe the US healthcare system as the best in the world? How does nursing play a part in the present health care environment.
100% Original paper Customized to your instructions!
The post The purpose of the faculty stimulus questions are to promote critical inquiry, reflective thought, and to lay the foundation for a scholarly dialog between members of this class relative to nursing science. Please consider the following questions: appeared first on essay-paper.
The post How does nursing play a part in the present health care environment?.Read the required readings/ Articles for Discussion F, answer two of the below questions in an original substantive post appeared first on My Nursing Paper.