Public Health Threat: Measles Outbreak
Background: Nationwide, 667 people have contracted measles in 21 states, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There have been 383 cases so far in your state in 2018.
100% Original paper Customized to your instructions!
Your Role: You are a health educator at the state level Department of Health.
Scenario: The potential to have infectious diseases spread is substantial if there are enough people who are not vaccinated. There has been a significant increase in the number of measles cases this year. You have been asked to educate the community about the outbreak as well as means for prevention. The best prevention of measles is vaccination. Vaccinations are available to protect individuals and the measles vaccine is highly effective.
- Define and support your target audience, and be sure to specify if there will be more than one targeted audience
- Define the specific message you will relay to your audience(s)
- Explain how, specifically, you will convey this message to your audience(s), including actions to be undertaken and personnel involved
- Discuss at least two ways that you could use social media as a means for reaching your audience(s)
- Describe at least one specific action that can impact the incidence rates (number of new cases) and at least one specific action that can impact the prevalence rates (number of existing cases) of your health concern. Be very clear as to whether these actions are to be taken by individuals, public health professionals, health education professionals, or others?
- Describe how teams with multiple types of personnel can work together to take action on this health issue, supporting your ideas with at least two best practices in teamwork.