Assignment 1: Discussion—Globalization Culture
In addition to your module readings, find and read two to three other articles about global talent management. Please limit your search to the school library.
In your textbook Richard Pinola suggests that it is important to hire locally and globally.
- What are the implications of placing marketing specialists in a market place without training on local customs and cultures?
- What messages may be implied if a business imported a large number of employees to a foreign country? Explain.
- In this situation, how might this be viewed as outsourcing? What are the implications? Explain your answer.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the Module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Grading Criteria Maximum Points Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions 16 Quality of responses to classmates 12 Frequency of responses to classmates 4 Reference to supporting readings and other materials 4 Language and grammar 4 Total: